Looking for easy ideas on what to do with leftover turkey? This simple salad is sure to hit the spot. We can’t wait to get stuck in on Boxing Day. Plus, it’s a real time saver- more time to spend watching all those great movies!
It wouldn’t be Christmas without mince pies and our recipe is legendary!
- 250g pack essential Waitrose British Turkey Breast Escalopes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 50g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Heinz Salad Cream
- 100g bag baby spinach leaves
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- ½ x 20g pack fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Put the turkey in a shallow, non-metallic dish. Whisk together the oil, lemon zest and juice, cumin and some seasoning then pour over the turkey. Turn to coat in the mixture, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the turkey and its marinade and fry over a high heat for 2 –3 minutes each side until cooked through, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. Using a fish slice, remove the turkey from the pan and set aside. Stir the salad cream and 2 tbsp water into the pan and warm through for a minute.
- Slice the turkey into chunky strips and arrange on a serving platter with the spinach and peas. Drizzle over the salad cream dressing and scatter over the toasted pine nuts and dill. Serve with warm flatbreads or pittas.
Nutrition 807kJ/193kcals/18g protein/4g carbohydrate/2.9g sugars/11.7g fat/1.3g saturated fat/1.4g fibre/0.4g salt per serving
Thank you to Waitrose for sharing this recipe with us. For more ideas on what you can do with leftover turkey, check out the Waitrose recipe page.