A filling and flavourful luncheon for all. Especially if you’re finding this March particularly chilly- ideal after a long walk and includes our key seasonal ingredient for March, Sweet Potato.
3 tbsp chilli-infused olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 leeks, trimmed and chopped
500g pack frozen Waitrose Diced Sweet Potatoes
900ml hot vegetable stock
410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ x 250g pack Cypressa Cyprus Halloumi Lite cheese
4 tbsp Waitrose Five Seed Mix, from the home baking section
2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the chilli oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the leeks for 5 minutes until softened. Add the sweet potatoes and fry, stirring, for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the cheese, then dice and pat dry on kitchen paper. Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the cheese, stirring, for 1 minute. Tip in the seeds and continue to fry, stirring, for a further 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is just beginning to colour.
- Using an electric hand blender or potato masher, blend the soup until the vegetables are crushed but not fully puréed. Ladle into bowls and scatter with the halloumi cheese and seeds. Sprinkle with the parsley and a drizzle of extra chilli oil.
- Serve with a brown batch loaf.
Cook’s Tips: This soup can be made using canned beans or lentils, instead of chickpeas. Halloumi cheese is ideal for grilling, frying or barbecuing. When cooked, the outside hardens while the inside stays soft
This recipe was provided by Waitrose. They’ve thousands more recipes to choose from on the main recipe site.