An omelette recipe great for any meal, it’s filling and flavourful.
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time:15 minutes
Total time:25 minutes
- 150g small Charlotte potatoes, sliced
- 260g pack essential Waitrose Spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 100g ricotta
- 3 tbsp skimmed milk
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until tender, then drain. Place the spinach in a large bowl, cover and microwave for 2–3 minutes or until just wilted, then squeeze the excess liquid out and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 23cm frying pan and cook the onion
for 3–4 minutes until softened. Stir in the potatoes.
- Beat together the eggs, ricotta, milk and wilted spinach. Pour into the pan, mixing to combine, and cook gently for 4 minutes.
- Place the pan under a preheated grill for 3–4 minutes until the omelette is golden and completely set. Allow to cool slightly then slide out of the pan, cut into wedges and serve with salad.
- For the cauliflower crunchy topping- pulse several florets in a blender until they resemble rice, sprinkle over the omelette and grill for a few minutes until crunchy.
Thanks Waitrose for the recipe! If you want more ideas, check out their recipe page.