This quinoa salad is pleasurable and a sensory delight. With quinoa grains, it makes for a great meal that’ll keep you fuller for longer at lunch time; or because of the fantastic combination of flavours, it’s a great accompaniment to dinner, especially a BBQ.
It tastes amazing hot or cold so if you’re out and about all day, you’re totally covered! What’s more, it’s wheat, dairy and gluten free and a fantastic healthy alternative. Plus, it’s simple to make and will last 2-3 days in the fridge so ideally to make in bulk.
This recipe is so easy to do and will make around 4 portions.
- 160 grams of quinoa
- Bowl full of frozen peas
- 4 spring onions
- Large carrot
- Olive oil
- Apple Cider vinegar.
- For your quinoa, use 800ml of water to make- takes about 25- 30 minutes to cook, you’ll know when it’s cooked when it has absorbed all the water
- meanwhile, grate the carrot and apple into a large salad bowl
- when the quinoa is nearly cooked- pop your peas in the microwave with a tablespoon of water for 4 minutes add to the salad bowl
- when the quiona is cooked, add to the salad bowl with the rest of your ingredients
- squeeze half a lemon on your salad
- add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to your salad
- and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix together.
Show us your creations by #AGLrecipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Thanks to Diana at Food Friends for sharing her recipe with us! Diana is a nutritionist and you can find more of her contributions below!