A simple, filling, warm (to help the transition from hot to cold food for Summer) salad that is just delicious. The benefits of the seasonal vegetables, fresh oily fish, protein from the eggs and a gorgeous combination of flavours makes this a salad to add to your repertoire.
2 medium free range eggs
250g baby new potatoes, halved
200g tenderstem broccoli
2 little gem lettuces
2 x salmon fillets
2 tbsp small black olives
2 tbsp french dressing
- Line a baking tray with foil and place the salmon fillets within. Roast in an oven at 200º for 25 minutes. TIP: allowing the salmon to cook in foil allows the fish to cook in its own juices without the use of butter- you’ll get a smooth, flaky fish at the end that’s delicious.
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and one pinch of salt for 20 minutes- towards the last 10 minutes, bring the pan back to boil and add the broccoli tenderstem for the remaining time.
- Meanwhile tear the lettuce and rinse. Set aside to dry
- Whilst the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water (sufficient enough to cover the eggs) and a drop of apple cider vinegar (it helps to peel the eggs later) to boil. Add the eggs with 10 minutes to go. Drain, deshell and cut into quarters.
- Share between the two plates, drizzle the dressing and vois la.
Images provided by Waitrose, who offer their own version of the Nicoise Salad over on their recipe page.