15g Cooks’ Ingredients Shiitake Mushrooms
1 tbsp groundnut oil
2 essential Waitrose British Chicken Breast Fillets, cut into thin slices
1 tbsp frozen Cooks’ Ingredients Jalapeno Red Chillies
1 tbsp frozen Cooks’ Ingredients Ginger
2 litres Cooks’ Ingredients Vegetable Stock or water
1 small January King Cabbage, shredded 100g straight to wok
Waitrose Rice Noodles
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pour boiling water over the shiitake mushrooms and leave to soak for 15 minutes then drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, mushrooms, chilli and ginger and stir for 3–4 minutes until just coloured.
- Make the mushroom liquid up to 2 litres with vegetable stock or cold water, add to the pan and bring to the boil then simmer gently for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink meat.
- Add the cabbage and noodles and cook for a further 5 minutes until tender.
- Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar and sesame oil and stir into the soup.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and salad onions if you like and serve
For more inspiration, check out the Waitrose recipe page.