This M&S cupcake recipe has to be one of my favourite recipes of all time- and I’ve made them many, many times.
If you’re a chocolate lover, you’re sure to enjoy these indulgent, yet not heavy, treats. You’ll also be surprised, being gluten free, how moist the sponge is and quite simply how heavenly they taste. They’re also incredibly simple to make and are great for bakes sales, an accompaniment with a cup of tea and even as a gift.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150g gluten free flour
- 70g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for the icing:
- 180g unsalted butter
- 30g cocoa powder
- 150g icing sugar
- Fresh raspberries (x 12)
- Heat the oven on 180c, 160c fan assisted or gas mark 4
- Cream the butter and sugar until white and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa and salt and fold into the cream mixture
- Divide between 12 cupcake cases
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Sieve the cocoa and icing sugar into a large bowl
- Beat with softened butter until creamy
- Spoon evenly onto cupcakes when they’ve cooled
- Top with raspberries
Nutritional information, per portion: 460 calories (23%), Fat 33.3g (48%), Saturates 20.5g (103%), Sugars 29.2g (32%), Salt 0.0g (0%)
If you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, we’ve lots more on site just waiting to be discovered. We’ve shared a few below to help get you started.
Some alternative topping ideas: for Easter, top with mini eggs, for Christmas, silver balls or snowflakes, for Valentines little sugar hearts of flowers! We’d love to see your re-creations, share your pictures with us below or on social!