For our final lemon recipe this month we thought we pick something that would help curb a sweet tooth or craving. We think you’re really going to love this one!
125g Stork, at room temperature
225g golden caster sugar
Finely grated zest 1 lemon
4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
225g self-raising flour
160ml essential Waitrose Coconut Cream, stirred until smooth
100g soft cheese
2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
2 tbsp lemon curd
1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Rose Petal
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the Stork, sugar, lemon zest, eggs, flour and 100ml of the coconut cream in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes until golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining coconut cream, soft cheese and icing sugar.
- Without removing or cutting through the paper cases, cut each cake vertically through the middle then spoon in the soft cheese mixture followed by the lemon curd. Sprinkle over the rose petals and dust each cupcake with a pinch of icing sugar.
Nutrition 1332kJ/318kcals/14.9g fat/6.3g saturated fat/40.9g carbohydrate/26g sugars/0.6g fibre/5g protein/0.5g salt per serving
For more ideas, take a look at the Waitrose recipe page. There are thousands more secrets to be found.