There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked cookies in the home. If, like me, you’re partial to some Christmas baking (I will be in the kitchen all weekend) then this M&S recipe is for you; it’s something the whole family can enjoy doing together. The shapes you create are up to you- so it is something you could get really creative with. Why not show us your creations on Instagram (@anythinggoesl), Facebook (anythinggoeslifestyle) and/or Twitter (@anythinggoesl)!
Ready in 25 minutes, Serves 20
- 300g brown sugar
- 175g butter
- 1 egg
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Cook With M&S House Blend Christmas Spices
- 100g dried mixed fruit
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens). Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Beat together the sugar and butter, then stir in the egg. Add the flour, baking powder and spice mix, then stir in the mixed fruit.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out about 20 cookies using star-shaped cutters (recommended). Place on the lined baking trays and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack, then dust with icing sugar.
192 calories, 7.5g fat (3.3g saturated), 31.4g carbohydrates, 19.9g sugar, 0.9g fibre, 1.6g protein, 0.17g salt