There is nothing better than the smell of freshly baked cookies in the home. But this Christmas cookie recipe takes the heavenly smell to a whole new level. If you’re partial to some Christmas baking, and the delicious scents that come with it, then this M&S recipe is one for you. It is something the whole family can enjoy doing together and could even become a Christmas traditions of yours.
Ready in 25 minutes, Serves 20
- 300g brown sugar
- 175g butter
- 1 egg
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Cook With M&S House Blend Christmas Spices
- 100g dried mixed fruit
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens). Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Beat together the sugar and butter, then stir in the egg. Add the flour, baking powder and spice mix, then stir in the mixed fruit.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out about 20 cookies using star-shaped cutters (recommended, though you’re free to use what you like). Place on the lined baking trays and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack, then dust with icing sugar.
192 calories, 7.5g fat (3.3g saturated), 31.4g carbohydrates, 19.9g sugar, 0.9g fibre, 1.6g protein, 0.17g salt
We’d love to see your Christmas cookie creations. Be sure to tag us in your bakes on social media.