Now here is a winter salad I can really get behind (I’m a MAJOR sprouts fan) and it’s super easy; perfect for the busiest time of year for all- Thanks M&S!
Ready in 30 minutes, Serves 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 400g shredded sprouts or Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 1 rotisserie whole roast chicken
- 25g blanched almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 60g watercress
- 25g pecorino, grated
- handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and spring onions, and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute. Add the sprouts and stir fry for 4-5 minutes, until just tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Pull the meat from the chicken carcass and shred into bite-size pieces. Stir the chicken gently through the sprouts mixture, along with the almonds and some seasoning.
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and drizzle over the chicken mixture. Add the watercress, mixing gently to combine. Transfer to a serving platter, then scatter over the pecorino and basil to serve.
356 calories, 25.4g fat (6.1g saturated), 5.5g carbohydrates, 3.3g sugar, 5.4g fibre, 26.3g protein, 0.98g salt