Breakfast is an incredibly important meal yet a third of everyone in the UK skips it. Here are 5 reasons why you should eat breakfast everyday:
- It helps to control weight (NHS)
- The right breakfast provides nutrients, energy and if you eat cereal, other nourishments such as zinc, iron, Vitamin B and Calcium (Telegraph)
- Eating breakfast curbs cravings. You’re more likely to snack on high calorie foods if you skip it meaning you’re more likely to put on weight (Guardian).
- Breakfast kick starts your metabolism in the morning. It ensures, with the right breakfast, the proper process of digestion, release of energy and the way in which our body processes nutrients, minerals etc.
- It can aid in the prevention and/or control of life threatening conditions such as diabetes and heart conditions.
If that wasn’t reason enough, check out this Live Science article which has 4, incredibly interesting reasons you should never skip breakfast.
Now we’ve got that out the way and you’re dying to get stuck into your new routine, or for those that already partaking but looking for something new, this is the recipe for you!
This Bircher Muesli recipe can be made the night before, saving you stress and time in the mornings. You’ve literally no excuse to skip this meal ever again.
200g Quaker Oats Rolled Oats
2 red apples, grated
150g Waitrose LOVE Life Dried Berry Mix
400ml Tropicana Creations Apple & Mango Juice
300g Greek-style yogurt
3 tbsp honey
50g Waitrose LOVE Life Almonds, roughly chopped
- Place the oats, grated apple and berries in a bowl. Pour over the juice, mix well together then cover and chill overnight.
- Divide between 6 small bowls and top with yogurt. Drizzle with honey and scatter over the chopped almonds. Serve with a glass of apple & mango juice
Nutrition 405kcals/8.4g protein/64.4g carbohydrate/43.7g sugars/12.6g fat/4g saturated fat/5.6g fibre/0.1g salt/ 2.2mg vitamin E per serving
This recipe was provided by Waitrose. If you liked this one, we highly recommend checking out their recipes page which is full of more ideas.