Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Avocado is not just a yummy snack, but it has hundreds of benefits for your skin that you get by not only eating and drinking it, but by applying it straight onto your face too.
The antioxidants in avocado helps to minimise free radicals in the body
Free radicals are cell destroyers that, among the other damage they cause, can cause premature ageing . Avocados actually offer a dual benefit when it comes to antioxidants. Not only do they help to detoxify your body and reduce wrinkles, but they can help with antioxidant absorption from other foods. They’ll give you healthy skin and a glowing complexion as they are rich in vitamins, which helps to re-invigorate dull and dry skin from the inside out.
Thanks to is creamy nature it can also be helpful in treating skin conditions such as dry and itchy skin, and protect it from the harsh factors of the day. The healthy fats and oils are able to moisturise your skin deeply and create a protective barrier around skin cells. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help to reduce any inflammation to the skin to reduce blotchiness and redness.
Make your own avocado face mask to moisturise, nourish, hydrate and refresh your skin
It’s super simple to make your own avocado face mask and you’ll marvel at the results.
- 257 grams of peeled and de-stoned avocado
- 257 grams of peeled cucumber
- Bowl or pot
- Place both the avocado and the cucumber into the blender
- Blend until the mixture becomes a smooth paste
- Put the mixture through a fine strainer to remove any pips or lumpy bits
- Scoop the mixture into a small pot of bowl.
- Apply all over your face and neck.
- Relax for 5-10 minutes to allow the mixture to absorb.
- Wash off with warm water and pat skin dry.
Do this 2-3 times a week to create a difference to your skin by making it fresher and softer.
Looking for more beauty treatments you can try at home? Check out our other DIY beauty guides below.