Find your hands are dry from overwashing? You need this hand scrub.
We’re being encouraged to frequently wash our hands at the moment to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. But as our hands are one of the most delicate areas of our body, many of us are dealing with sore, cracked and dry hands. By using this homemade scrub, you can help to revive dry and tired hands, leaving you with super soft and hydrated hands.
You will need
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil/olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 40-70g of sugar
About the ingredients: The sugar is a soft exfoliant that will help to slough off dead skin, to reveal brighter, fresher skin. The oil, helps to hydrate and act as a barrier – it’ll give you some level of protection each time you wash your hands following this treatment. Honey, is a natural anti-bacterial, so it’ll give you that extra level protection. It also help to soothe the skin and inject a further boost of hydration into your hands.
- Weigh out the sugar into a bowl or straight into your container, add the honey and oil to the sugar.
- Mix the ingredients together until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into your storage container and use 1-2 times a week
- Massage a marble-sized amount into your hands for 30-60 seconds and rise with warm water.
- Why not keep your container by the kitchen sink so you’ll not forget to use it
- Be sure to apply hand cream to your hands each time you wash them, or use this scrub to help protect them. The moisturiser will provide a barrier to help stop them drying or cracking.
- If you don’t have honey, agave nectar or maple syrup are great alternatives that provide the same benefits.
Talk to your children about the importance of hand washing in our guide- with a cool video to help illustrate!