Anyone else noticing a little chill? This Spring Casserole is sure to warm you up again. After an unprecedented couple of weeks weather wise, we’re being met with more traditional spring-like weather, lots of rain and more seasonally appropriate temperatures.
This colourful casserole recipe is the perfect warm-up. It incorporates a whole host of seasonal vegetables into one meal so is nutritionally rich too and sure to boost our immunities. The beauty with this recipe is you can substitute or add ingredients depending on what you already have in the house.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 100g Chantenay carrots
- 1 small swede or 4 small turnips, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g Cooks’ Ingredients vegetable stock
- 150g spring greens, shredded
- 400g can essential Waitrose Borlotti Beans, drained
- 1 Waitrose Roasted Garlic Flatbread
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Green Basil Pesto (optional)
Method for making this Spring Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the leek, carrots, turnips and garlic. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the stock, season and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10–15 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the drained beans, shredded greens then cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot and cooked through.
- While the casserole is cooking, heat the garlic flatbread following the pack instructions. Stir the pesto into the casserole if using, and serve with the bread
Thanks Waitrose for supplying us with this wholesome recipe. If you’re looking for more recipe ideas, they’ve got thousands on their recipe page.