Another recipe inspired by the sunnier skies. This flavourful and colourful salad recipe is perfect for a lunch main or an accompaniment at a BBQ or Picnic, including our key ingredient of the month, lemon.
- 300g penne pasta
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 75g pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp nonpareille capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Taste #5 Mediterranean Recipe Umami Paste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g can tuna steak in spring water, drained and flaked
- 140g bag wild rocket
- Cook the penne in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, until just tender. Put the tomatoes, garlic, lemon zest, olives and capers in a large bowl and stir in the umami paste and olive oil.
- Drain the pasta and refresh under cold running water. Stir into the tomato mixture to combine. Gently fold the tuna and rocket through the pasta salad and check and adjust the seasoning.
Serve straight away.
For more ideas, visit the Waitrose recipe page and search for BBQ or Picnic recipes.