There use to be this amazing deli in Weston that made the most delicious pea and mint soup (Munch Deli)- when that closed a few years ago, I went home and attempted to recreate my own. Here is my version!
It’s super simple to make, uses minimal ingredients (mostly things you’ll probably already have) and make 4 portions.
What you’ll need:
- 3 medium sized potatoes (I use Sainsbury’s Vivaldi baking potatoes, they’re so versatile and very tasty!)
- Frozen peas (a bowl full)
- Vegetable Stock (2 cubes, with 1 and a half litres of water)
- Lots of fresh mint (I use about 4 sprigs).
- Seasoning (I use garlic salt and pepper)
- Peel and chop your potatoes into small chunks and place in a large saucepan.
- Boil the kettle, pop your two vegetable stock cubes into a measuring jug and pour in the boiling water. Mix until your cubes have dissolved and add to the potatoes (I usually mix my cubes with a litre of water and add the other half directly to the pan with the potatoes).
- Add a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt (if using separates; use only a pinch or two of ground sea salt and one clove of garlic)
- Place on a medium heat for 15 minutes
- Add the bowlful of frozen peas to the potatoes and stock and leave on medium heat for another 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, wash your mint leaves and sprigs under a cold tap. Tear the leaves away from the sprigs and discard the springs.
- Turn off the heat and add ingredients to the blender including mint leaves. Blast in the blender for 20-30 seconds.
- Allow to cool before placing in the fridge for storage.
Show us your pea and mint soup creations by #aglrecipe on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram