We can SO appreciate what it feels like to have had an absolutely manic day (whether busy or not) and dread the thought of having to come home and make something for dinner- bleh! Thanks to Waitrose though we’ve found this super easy, super delicious recipe that takes no time at all and most importantly has very little clean up- our saviours! So take it easy tonight, you deserve a break!
Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
Total time:15 minutes
- 6 essential Waitrose White Pittas
- 200g tub Waitrose Vine Ripened Tomato Salsa
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Italian Taggiasca Olives, plus 1 tbsp oil from the jar
- 100g pack Waitrose Italian Cooked Ham
- 150g Waitrose Grated Mozzarella
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC, gas mark 7. Place the pitta breads on a large baking sheet and spoon over the salsa.
- Toss together the sliced mushrooms, olives and oil from the jar. Spoon on top of the salsa.
- Tear the ham and sprinkle over then finally scatter the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pizzas are heated through. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with a leafy salad.
If serving the pizzas to young children, opt for pitted black olives or try other colourful toppings such as sweetcorn and red peppers. Try making these yummy pizzas using essential Waitrose Wholemeal Pittas for added fibre.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll probably love to check out more, they’ve thousands: Waitrose recipes.