I have a tendency of going through fashion phases; one minute I am all about shoes, the next jeans or different shades of lipsticks but currently I am all about handbags and this obsession doesn’t seem to be fading. Last year when in America, I bought 3 new bags which is just unheard of in obsession terms (for me anyway) and although my collection has grown considerably over the last year alone, I still can’t walk past a shop window or browse through a magazine without being drawn in.
As I’ll be turning 30 this year, I feel it is an appropriate age to finally own a designer handbag. I am of the thinking that my bag obsession ignited when I came to this realisation and because I am on the perusal for THE ultimate bag, it’s all I can seem to think about (consciously and subconsciously). So in an attempt to push past this phase, I thought I would share with you the bags that are catching my attention.
- Aspinal of London, The Letterbox Rucksack, £595
- Sophie Hulme, Bow Globetrotter 9 inch suitcase
- Tory Birch, York Buckle Tote, large red, £255; Small, £215
- Mulberry, Alexa Bag in black and soft gold , £1,100
- Accessorize, Ramena ZigZag foldover clutch, £45
- Fossil, Monica Turnlock crossbody, £79