Collaboration with Love Discount Vouchers
There’s no denying we’re all having to save where possible, but you may also be someone who equally prides themselves on getting a good deal- I am certainly one of those people! If you’re looking for ideas and ways to save money on your favourite beauty products, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we show you 6 ways to get your beauty buys for less in partnership with Love Discount Vouchers.
Fall for a dupe
Makeup and perfume dupes have become a viral TikTok trend, with users sharing their favourite luxury perfume dupes and high-end beauty switches – if you’re looking for your next best alternative to a luxury beauty buy, you can guarantee someone will have found it for you. Best of all, you get to see first hand the results without having to risk buying and trying for yourself first.
To help get you started, check out the Love Discount Voucher blog post on the best makeup dupes, as seen on TikTok, where you’ll find Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Nars, and Clinique switches from the likes of Fenty Beauty, Rimmel London, e.l.f., L’Oreal, and Makeup Revolution for a fraction of the price.
Arm yourself with multi-taskers
A quick money saving hack when it comes to beauty is to make your products work harder for you. Instead of having one product that can handle only one task, switch to a multi-tasker which can combine several steps in one. Thankfully, you can find products to help across your whole routine. Here are just some of our favourites:
- Hair: Living Proof Perfect Hair Day, 5-in-1; it helps to tame frizz, enhances shine, adds volume, protects your hair from heat, and strengthens the hair. What else do you need?
- Skin: Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentre; loved by dermatologists, makeup artists and TikTok detectives alike, this wonder cream is not only a moisturiser, but a primer, and makeup remover. You can even use it on recently shaved, or waxed hair to ease irritation.
- Skin & Makeup: BYBI Babe Balm; this multi-tasker will not only help soothe and hydrate tired and chapped skin all over (literally; elbows, knees, knuckles and cuticles especially), but you can use it as a hydrating lip balm and even as a highlighter across your cheekbones and eyebrows.
- Makeup: Morphe 2 Wondertint Cheek & Lip Mousse; Morphe 2 are all about multi-tasking products (and designed by LA based artists and influencers). Their Wondertint Cheek & Lip Mousse may just tout being a product for your cheek and lips, but you can also use it for a pop of colour on your eyes too.
Get more from your products
Every last drop
Incredibly, 20-40% of a beauty product ends up wasted and in landfill. It’s not a fun game to play, but spending the time getting as much out of your product as possible will not only do more for the planet, but your purse too. Here are just some simple ways to get more from your products:
- Cut the tube open. If you find there is more than expected, use a clip to seal it back up or it’ll waste pretty quickly.
- Use a hair clip, food seal clip, or get yourself a tube squeezer: place this at the base of the product and pull the clip along the product until you get some out the top.
- Let it soak in a bowl of hot water: some lotions need a little gentle encouragement. If you feel like its got nothing left to give, pop it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes and we’ll bet you get a little more out.
- Use a cotton bud to get into the bottom of your foundation bottle.
- Add water: a last resort but just as effective for your shampoo and conditioner, add a little water, give it a shake and use the rest of the product. In my experience, there is minimal change to the end result.
Try a setting spray
We’re a setting spray convert after seeing just how effective it is. If you’re someone who re-applies throughout the day (anything but sunscreen), give a setting spray a try and see if it can help you prolong your look. The extra product you save in not re-applying can be used for another day.
It’s all in the preparation
Like a setting spray, a good skincare routine can make all the difference to how well your product performs. If it doesn’t have a good base, it can’t do its job well and you’ll end up re-applying throughout the day, or, end up exacerbating existing skin conditions. It doesn’t have to be overly complicated either, a good cleanse each day, exfoliation twice a week and a good moisturiser suitable for your skin type can make a massive difference.
Try tools for professional treatments at home
It sure is nice being able to go for a facial; not only is it a good way to relax but it can help to target and tackle particular concerns. However, it’s no longer essential when there are some incredible gizmos and gadgets that can help you achieve the same results at home.
If you like going for a deep exfoliation, the Magnitone PorePatrol Skin Renewing Pore Extraction System, for example, can get deep within the pores to remove excess skin cells, bacteria, blackheads and spots for a deeper clean and a softer, smoother complexion.
To tackle pigmentation and acne scarring, an LED Light Therapy Mask can help. The SENSSE PRO LED Mask is an award-winning mask shown to also reduce fine lines and wrinkles and provide a glowing complexion in as little as 4 weeks.
Recycle and refill
There are also ways to save on your favourite beauty buys through recycle schemes. John Lewis and Boots are just two retailers offering to recycle your used containers (which need to be empty first) and will even give you a little discount towards your next purchase.
You can also save money with refills; many beauty brands have refillable ranges where you can re-use the gorgeous packaging by replacing the inserts when you run out. Others have value range pouches where you can top up your canisters and bottles as and when you run out. Both schemes are often cheaper overall in buying the refills as the savings for the packaging are passed directly on to you. If you’re not sure what your favourite brand offers in the way of refills, it’s best to speak to an advisor before you make a purchase as not all ranges or packaging can provide an opportunity to refill (as I recently found out at Charlotte Tilbury!).
Bag yourself a discount
Before you checkout, a quick search for a discount code could save more on your purchase. It can be a hard habit to get into, but it’s one worth breaking in as the savings quickly add up; it saves you having to make too many compromises on the things you love and you can use that extra savings to get other things you want or need. Love Discount Vouchers, a subsidiary of UK Voucher Codes, has access to some of the best discounts, vouchers, promo codes and sales insights in the biz. A quick company search can reveal savings available and you can even sign up to their newsletter so the savings come direct to you; you’ll never have to miss a good deal again!