Dry lips is always a problem for me. Winter or summer, my lips are always so chapped and frail but I can never find a lip balm good enough to moisturise the skin. But with these home ingredients, we can all make a tasty lip scrub to create beautiful soft lips.
Sugar is the perfect ingredient when looking for something to ease dry skin. It is a natural humectant that draws moisture from the environment into the skin and is a natural source of glycolic acid, which breaks down the glue that bonds skin cells providing you with fresher, younger-looking skin. Sugars small particles make the best exfoliant as they are small and much gentler than salt, which can damage skin with microscopic tears. We use brown sugar as it much softer than granulated sugar, so it is suitable to use on your face and sensitive skin.
Vanilla extract is a good source of B-vitamins and pantothenic acid, which helps maintain healthy skin. Its antioxidant properties protect the skin from damage caused by free-radicals such as pollution and other toxins. These properties also prevent and reverse skin damage, which shows signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
Mixing these two powerful ingredients together with a couple more miraculous ingredients, we can create an incredibly delicious edible lip scrub in our own homes.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mixing bowl
- Small container
- In the mixing bowl, add your honey and olive oil to stir up a powerful moisturising combo for those chapped lips.
- Slowly add the brown sugar and then mix in the vanilla extract
- Then spoon the mixture into the container for on-the-go moisture.
- Simply apply to your lips and scrub for 10 seconds and rinse to ensure you have super soft lips all year round.