Our hands are one of the most delicate areas of our body, yet each day we’re putting them through a lot of hard work with harsh chemicals. There is nothing that gives away your age more than your hands. But using this homemade scrub will have your hands looking and feeling soft and smooth in seconds.
When we hear the word salt we are reminded of all the horrors it can do to our bodies. However, our bodies contain the same concentration of minerals and nutrients as sea water, so sea salt is naturally able to balance, protect and restore the body and skin.
Sea salt contains hundreds of minerals including magnesium, calcium, sodium and potassium. These each improve the skin’s health, function and cellular communication. When we’re lacking in them our skin reacts creating dry, dull, irritated and blotchy skin.
Salt absorbs dirt, grime and toxins by deeply cleansing the skin’s pores and restores the protective barrier to help hold hydration. The minerals are able to be absorbed deep into the skin’s cells to rid the skin of bacteria and dirt whilst providing it with moisture to keep dry skin at bay.
Revive dry and tired hands with our homemade hand scrub recipe that will leave you with super soft and hydrated hands.
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 70 g of sea salt
- 70 g of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 mixing bowls
- In one bowl stir the coconut oil with the honey and in another stir the salt, sugar and lemon until it becomes crumbly
- Pour the salt mixture into the honey mixture and stir together until smooth
- Scoop the mixture into your storage container and use 1-2 times a week
- Massage a marble-sized amount into your hands for 30-60 seconds and rise with warm water.
Tip: Why not keep your container by the kitchen sink so you’ll not forget to use it!