One of the best things about Summer? Sitting in a field, with a drink, listening to live music with your besties and those you feel like you’ve known a lifetime but have only just met. I’m talking festivals! Sadly, I won’t be going to any this year (boo!) for the first time in goodness knows how long. But here is my guide on things I couldn’t live without and the things I wish I had!
Beauty- you never want to over pack, you want miniature multi-taskers:
- A beauty must- with no showers for days, this dry shampoo will keep your hair in tip top shape
- Anti-bacterial hand gel is a must! This cowshed version won’t dry out your cuticles!
- Hair care is so important even on a festival site- a Tangle Teezer will help keep your hair matte free and prevents split ends and damaged hair
- At festivals you need something quick and simple to remove make-up. We highly recommend Ole Henriksen Truth Serum wipes; they contain antioxidants, vitamins and anti-ageing properties. So although you have to use wipes, you’re using the best for your skin.
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue is an all in one tinted moisturiser. SPF- Check, BB- Check, CC- Check, Hydration- Check! Everything you could possibly need or want!
- Protect your ears! You’ll be exposed to more than the recommended decibels for safe hearing and for prolonged periods of time! Musicians use them, make sure you do too (from own experience too!).
- Great for cheekbones for definition and a natural looking glow
- Cover those dark circles and instantly feel refreshed!
The Spring/Summer trends of 70s fringe and suede, floral and denim are optimum festival fashion. Here are our key picks from this seasons trends that are tres festival chic
- Ideal for colder festival days. Relaxed style with darling embroidery- Urban Outfitters.
- Hoody is a must have and will not leave your side! Go oversized, it’s tres chic! Jack Wills
- Distressed denim is so boho! ASOS
- Print tees should be your staple, like this Kendall and Kylie for Topshop Golden State of Mind tee.
- Denim shirts are great around the waist, flung open over a cami/alternative jacket, Zara.
- A waterproof coat is a must for any British summertime festival. We love this Joules coat in antique gold!
Accessories to complete your look
- Wellies are a festival must and you can’t beat a pair of Hunters, they’ll last you forever!
- A flower garland is your must have flower accessory, Topshop
- Temp tattoos will last the whole festival and are great accessories, you’ll not be scared to lose! ASOS
- Fringe is right on trend. Cross body for safe storing and easy partying, Matalan.
- Complete the look with mirrored aviators, Next.
- 70s vibe, reminiscent of Coachella chic- Beyond Retro
A key trend for hair on the Spring/Summer catwalks was a natural style- use products that accentuate your hair’s natural texture/style and avoid straighteners/curling tongs! This will also allow you greater flexibility to create different styles over the course of the festival.
No hair washing for a few days can make us oh so sad, so a few key styles with days old hair is key and braids of all kinds are just awesome for this! The milkmaid braid is very on trend and is a super easy way to dress up your hair when you don’t want/can’t wash your it. It can hide messy hair and looks great neat or with texture and loose ends. Check out this how to video:
Do your braids for days 2/3 and by day 3/4 you’ll also have great waves in your hair to create your next look!
- Sun and over-use of product can have damaging effects on our hair! Aveda Damage remedy is a weekly (recommended) hair mask to restore your hair to it’s natural beauty, Lookfantastic.com
- You’ll need a good exfoliation after a few days at a festival, we love this Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel for instantly refreshing skin- it smells divine too!
- For a great night’s sleep- This Works Deep Sleep pillow spray is full of natural soothings scents to give you the best nights sleep!
- Indulged a little too much on everything? That and a lack of sleep can really do you in after a festival- Dr Jackson’s natural and medicinal tea can help
We’d love to hear and see pics about the festivals you’re going to- comment below! x