Another yummy recipe provided with compliments by M&S.
- 6 pork and sweet chilli sausages
- 400g Charlotte potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g Brussels sprouts, quarterer
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 eggs
1. Slit the sausage skins, remove the sausage meat and transfer to a bowl. With wet hands, shape the meat into walnut-size balls. Cover and chill until ready to use.
2. Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, until tender; drain and refresh under cold water. Cut into bite-size pieces. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and add the sausage balls. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning often, until browned and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
3. Put the onion into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and sprouts, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in the sausage balls, thyme and maple syrup; keep warm.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry gently for 2-3 minutes, until the whites are firm and the yolks are beginning to set. Divide the hash among 4 serving plates and top each with a fried egg.
514 calories, 31.1g fat (9.3g saturated), 34.9g carbohydrates, 13.9g sugar, 7.5g fibre, 25.9g protein, 1.34g salt