Even in the Autumn and Winter time we need to consider the effects of the sun (even if there doesn’t seem to be any!). So lets start with some basics. The sun, and its little rays of sunshine!!!
What is UVA?
UVA stands for Ultraviolet rays, these are the LONGER wavelengths and they penetrate deeper into the skin, they are the rays responsible for ageing THINK A FOR AGEING
What is UVB?
UVB stands for Ultraviolet B rays they are medium wavelengths and are responsible for sunburn – THINK B FOR BURNING
It’s ok to have a suntan, as long as you follow the safe sun rules:
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen on your face and body product that covers UVA & UVB
- Use a SPF that suitable to your skin type.
- Minimum of 30SPF for normal skin types and over 50 for sensitive types. This will help to avoid premature aging and burning
- Avoid the mid day sun between 11am and 3pm and wear protective clothing and a hats
- The golden rule reapplies every 90 mins to 2 hours
- Remember every area that is exposed to the sun needs an SPF, tops of ears, back of neck.etc…
- The SPF in your make-up is not strong enough to protect you unless you wear it very thick and reapply ever 90mins to two hours. So best to apply sun protection after your moisturizer and before you apply make-up and start again if in the sun for more than 2 hours
What is The Alternative?
There is an alternative, which is safe, fast and flawless and these days it is the trusted fake Tan, or sunless tanning as it now called.
We have tried many makes of tanning, but one of the best we have found is the Fake Bake range. It has a tan for every skin type, from fair to dark, tanning products for teens and boys and some great instant tans if you suddenly find your white when you rather are golden!!
One of our faveroure here at Beauty Time is the 60-minute Tan, which is just that, leave on for 60 mins, wash off and the tan will continue to develop to a great color.
A Point To Remember!!
NEVER FORGET a fake tan does not offer protection from the sun, so even though you may feel like a golden goddess you still need sun protection.
Who wouldn’t wish to turn back the clock, when they find that the damage and aging has been done!!! A suntan is not for life. But your skin is!!!! Respect it and treat it well. It tells the your story. Remember when you meet someone for the first time, and you tried to guess their age, it would have been wrinkles and lines that added the years
The Beauty Time Team xxx
Join us on Facebook – Beauty Time Bristol