I love the catwalk shows at Bristol Fashion Week. It’s one of the best catwalk shows I’ve ever been to. They’re fun, inspiring and most importantly, the looks are affordable to all. A lot of the catwalk shows I’ve seen previously are quite stiff with the models made to look the same. Bristol is very different. It appeals to a variety of ages, sexes and sizes with models being anything from very young teens to late 50s-early 60s from short, slim, tall and curvy. It’s a show that appeals to the masses and each season get’s bigger and better.
This seasons co-host, following in the footsteps of Lucy Watson from Made in Chelsea, was Denise Van Outen whose bubble demeanour and fashion-forward advice made Denise, to date, Mark Heyes best co-host! Mark Heyes, stylist to the celebs, has been the main presenter at
Bristol Fashion Week for several years now and always offers women very sound advice, celebs pay lots for!
So what’s in store this Autumn/Winter?
- Grey is the new black- Did you know most people don’t suit black! It’s very harsh and in the winter can make you look washed out.
- Geek chic is a firm favourite. Get the beany out, blazers, jumpers with poller collared shirts underneath, thick rimmed glasses. Relaxed and comfort is key.
- 70s is still hot- suede, paisley print, fringe and flares are key to creating this look
- ‘Tis the season of the glitz and glamour- It’s time to get dressed up and enjoy ourselves!
- Victorian Gothic! If you want to wear black, this is where it comes in. Team with lace, brocade, ruffled and high neck blouses
Our favourite looks from the collection:
All photography provided by REW photography. All items showcased at the show and in the pictures selected are available for purchase at the Mall Cribbs Causeway though subject to availability. Your ticket at the shows includes a goody bag and voucher booklet to help you save costs on the looks you love. The AW15 showcase is now over, keep your eyes peeled early next year for the Spring and Summer showcase.